Sunday 25 September 2011

SSS '11: Days 23, 24 & 25

Day 23:

What I wore:

Me-make denim sailor trousers, corazones rockabilly blouse, vest and pants. Cardi is thrifted and Swallow jacket aided my passage to work in the morning (my yellow jacket is in the wash due to an unfortunate smoked salmon-related incident).

Thoughts:

I forgot about this blouse! Seriously, you get a whole extra season's use of things when you wear a vest under them, don't you?!

Day 24:

What I wore:

Me-made Jenny pencil skirt, leopard collar batwing top, vest and pants. My secondhand mustard cardi kept away the chills from time to time.

Thoughts:

This is the outfit I wore to 'play shops' when I manned the Handmade Co-op shop for most of the day. LOVE this batwing top, the slinky fabric feels so nice and the wide neckline shows off my décolletage.

Day 25:

What I wore:

Me-made denim sailor trousers, cotton top and pants. I'll probably add a cardigan or jacket when I go to the cinema later.

Thoughts:

The last couple of weeks have felt distinctly autumnal, but apparantly there's an Indian Summer heat wave due for next week. Today certainly felt unseasonally warm, I'm not even wearing a vest!

5 comments:

weriem said...

I LOVE your pants!! I need one for this winter and was wondering about the style I want... now, I know ;)

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Oh I have a big piece of that corazone fabric too, it's fab isn't it! I love that kind of thing, I've got Frida Kahlo fbric nd one with aztecs on it. Wherever would we be without Alexander Henry... :)

Anonymous said...

Still love that Jenny skirt on you. Pleasseeeee!!! Tell us what the smoked salmon incident was. I'm chewing my arm off to find out.

Ashley said...

Sept 23 - YES - you can wear a summer blouse all year under a cardi, vest or jacket.

Sept 24 - Love this outfit! Looks great on you, definitely one to keep in mind, weather it's a "me-made" month or not. :)

Shelly said...

Once again you look fab!! Just love the rockabilly blouse, it's calling my name. I want one!

Also good to see you getting a lot of wear out of your batwing top, another one that's got my name on it! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...