Sunday 4 September 2011

SSS '11: Days 1, 2 & 3

Here we go again....

Day 1:

What I wore:

Me-made nautical sundress, vest and pants. Me-made yellow jacket was worn to and from work. Cardigan was thifted (get used to seeing this cardi, my green one died in the wash recently).

Thoughts:

Pairing my sundress with tights plus a cardi on the top and vest underneath makes has made it a viable garment for early Autumn/late Spring weather. It seems such a shame to only get to wear pretty dresses when the tiny windows of sunny opportunity present themselves!

Day 2:

What I wore:

Me-made navy capris (not previously blogged about in their own post), Sailor Sencha blouse, Saint Cardigan and pants.

Thoughts:

A fairly standard work day outfit. I've worn these capris quite a lot this summer, though the stretch in the fabric goes a bit baggy so they tend to need a wash after every wear.

Day 3:

What I wore:

Me-made Ceylon dress and pants. Me-made yellow jacket worn after dark when it got a bit nippy.

Thoughts:

I still have issues with the fit of this dress, but it was nice to wear it again. The day got warmer than I was expecting so it was nice to wear something with short sleeves. The fabric of this dress is actually quite thick, so with thicker tights and a vest underneath and a cardi, I reckon it could stand up to near Winter conditions. I had a lovely day checking out the Maker Faire, briefly hanging out at Handmade, and then hooking up with the lovely Tilly and some of her crew for drinks and Pompoko. Weekends are so superior to weekdays!

Closer look at the most successful part of the dress (the top bit!):

12 comments:

Claire Cooper said...

Love all the outfits. I love following your blog and I'm taking part in SSS'11. Kind of worried I'll run out of stuff to wear or there'll be many repeats!
You can see what I've been up to at ragbagsandgladrags.blogspot.com. would love if you'd drop by some time!

niddetissus said...

Sorry to hear that your green cardigan died! The red one is great too though :)

Cecili said...

You look adorable in these 3 outfits, have a happy SSS!

Louise said...

all three outfits are so cool!
i have just created my own blog and posted up a dress i have made and would love some comments about what you think?
i hope to be able to sew as good as you one day! Love the outfits! :)

Marie said...

Love the outfits so far, really fab! I'm hoping to take part in a month like this soon...when I have enough self-made clothes ;o)

Doll Doll Dolly said...

Amazing outfits! I love your style!

Abbey

Anonymous said...

The Ceylon dress is fantastic!

Scruffybadger said...

Great first three outfits. Love your looks, and great colours- very mix and matchable so far which is ideal for SSS!

Kit said...

I can't sew, but love reading your blog and really loved Me Made May- really looking forward to SSS!

Jessie said...

Found your blog through your interview with Tilly. I think your job is so cool! I recently embarked on a challenge to only buy second hand clothing or make my own for six months. You get paid to repurpose and make things that is so cool!

Maria (viola33) said...

Lovely outfits! I don't take part in SSS but I love wearing me-made clothes, though thet are not perfect often.

Corrine said...

what I like most about your SSS post so far is that you can transform essentially warm weather clothing into cooler weather coordinates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...