Wednesday 14 September 2011

SSS '11: Days 10, 11, 12 & 13

Day 10:

What I wore:

Me-made lace embellished dress and pants. My me-made yellow jacket was worn in the evening.

Thoughts:

Day 10 was actually a really exciting day. Pat and I organised and hosted an event to help crafters/designer-makers with their face-to-face selling technique. My folks had also came down to play, so we ate and drank well into the night to celebrate the event's success! Umm, the outfit helped me do these things as this is an excellent dress for hiding a big post-dinner belly!

Day 11:

What I wore:

Me-made bustier-line T-shirt, black sailor trousers and pants. My me-made Saint cardigan got carried about and probably worn at some point.

Thoughts:

Comfy.

Day 12:

What I wore:

Remade sweatshirt, black sailor trousers and pants. My me-made leopard coat was worn during my morning battle against the elements as I walked to work in the rain.

Thoughts:

This sweatshirt makes me smile when I catch a glimpse of it in the mirror, but the collar flaps up in a silly manner when the wind is blowing!

Day 13:

What I wore:

Me-made granny dress and pants worn with red thrifted cardi. My me-made yellow jacket was worn in the evening.

Thoughts:

At the start of the day I was wearing a different collection of clothes to this one. I hestitate to call what I was first wearing an 'outfit', as it was a pretty terrible mix of garments that I'd put together simply because it was a combination I hadn't previously worn. That's the danger with trying to create new outfit every day, I guess the result isn't guaranteed to be a success! So I changed into this outfit which felt much more 'put together', a pleasing feeling as I was going to an art gallery private view thing after work with the cream of Brighton's creative community. Here I am enjoying a glass of plonk with my awesome friend Rehanon who is also participating in SSS '11 and will soon be unleashing an amazing sewing blog in the near future (she made her wonderful top):

6 comments:

Tilly said...

Gorgeous, Zoe! And I LOVE your Portia project - you did such a great job. I love the pleating and fish tale. x

Jennifer said...

Cute! I especially love both of your "New School Vintage" looks!

Cecili said...

Awww The Dress^^! I love these outfits, the combination of the granny dress + red cardi is awesome!

Veronica said...

CHEERS! SSS going splendidly I see! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your bustier top and your friend's blouse is amazing!

Alessa said...

Cute outfits! I totally love your t-shirt and sweatshirt refashions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...