Monday 14 April 2008

The sun has got its hat on...

Once upon a time there lived a pair of vintage 60's curtains that Zoe bought for £4 in a charity shop... Well, to cut a long story short, I have finally finished making my new jacket!

Ta da!:

Are you feeling it? I'm feeling it! Check those swing sleeves. Those covered buttons. That crazee goldy/yellow colour. I can't take all the credit mind, I used an awesome Built by Wendy pattern:


If you couldn't tell, I'm really pleased with the outcome. Seeing as my usually red wasps-arse shoulder bag would probably clash violently, when I wear this jacket I've been rocking this '70's fabric shopper that I made yonks ago:


AND... It looks superb with my super-cute knitted hat that was created by my fabulous friend Michelle. Have I told you how super-talented she is yet? These colours are totally fitting in with my new colour scheme I'm working on which I'll explain more about in the future.



Anyway, this jacket is unlined, so it's a bit trans-season, and I've had to stop wearing it since the weather has turned poo over the last week. But I will crack it out when the sun returns for sure. (oh, and a bus driver told me I look 'sunny' in it, in case I needed another excuse to wear it!)


2 comments:

naughty little pony said...

WOW, that's all I can say right now, WOW.
Do you know how much I love that? can you even imagine how much? You are sooo amazing.

Lisa said...

I love your Yellow coat it is so pretty and so right for UK gloomyness! I really need to start hitting charity shops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...