Tuesday 23 March 2010

Me-Made-March: Days 19, 20 and 21!

So many things to blog about, so few days in which to do it, I fear I am getting somewhat behind with my Me-Made-March documentation. Oh, it's Day 19 and someone's looking pretty happy:

It must because she's wearing a new me-made skirt (with me-made stretch top, vest, pants and Saint cardigan)! Now, you must forgive my bad manners, because although I have yet to formally introduce you to this skirt, I will presently move on and provide full introductions tomorrow.

Day 20:

Me-made skirt, jumper, vest and pants. If you're thinking I look ill in this photo it's probably because I am ill in this photo. In fact I didn't leave the flat once this weekend. I literally came home after work on Friday and didn't re-emerge until Monday. Normally when sick I withdraw to my comfy sweatshirt and joggings bottoms, but instead I picked the comfiest me-mades I could find which happened to look like my standard mid-week fare, resulting in my flatmate looking surprised and asking me a couple of times over the weekend, 'Do you have to work today?'.

Day 21, and although still sick and house-bound, I decided to make a bit of an effort on account of the ladeez from the Burdastyle Barcelona Sewing Club coming over for a skirt making tutorial:


Me-made wool blend dress, stripey T-shirt, vest and pants, accessorised with a medicinal Bloody Mary, which must have done the trick as I felt heaps better the next day. You may not recall this dress, it was actually one that I made over Christmas 2008, but this is the first time I've actually worn it. I always felt it needed a long sleeved T-shirt to pair it with, which I didn't have until I got into stretch fabric the tail-end of last year, plus I had kind of bannished this dress into storage for some reason because I decided it was a FAIL. Perhaps that was because around the time I made it I very rarely wore anything like this, sticking firmly to jeans and tops on most days. But I'm much more comfortable in skirts and dresses now, so upon reflection, when jazzed with with the stripey T, colourful tights and belt, I think it's a WIN.

6 comments:

Clare said...

I love the wool dress/stripy tshirt combo! I hope that the bloody mary was self-made too? :P

Zoe said...

hahaha! Actually my flatmate made it, have I failed?!

Diane said...

I'm glad you've decided the dress is a win, I think its really cute!

Tilly said...

You're doing so well! Sitting at breakfast, subconsciously thinking about what to wear today, think I'll wear something similar to your third outfit in honour of your progress...

Clare said...

ooh, I don't know! i reckon you can get away with it..

sanjeet said...

I hope that the bloody mary was self-made too?
data entry india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...