Wednesday 30 June 2010

Self-Stitched-September Update: Participants are Amazing!

I haven't been piping up much recently about Self-Stitched-September since my initial call to arms, and announcements of wigit and Flickr group creations. I thought it best to keep on the down-low for a while and let it gather it's own momentum. Which is exactly what's been happening.

Sencha detail1

You may or may not recall that Me-Made-May had over 80 participants and in my initial SSS post I stated that my goal was to get 100 participants on board for this round of hand-stitched goodness. Well, I am incredibly pleased to announce that we have approximately 130 participants signed up so far! High fives all round! I'm sure that once more lovely sewers out there see the beautiful work and hear/read the persuasive chat of those currently signed up more people will decide to come along for the ride, so keep sewing/sharing/blogging/commenting/photographing/talking/writing about the challenge! More is most definately merrier.

Jalie Jeans---Capri style

The Self-Stitched-September Flickr group is already a lovely place to 'visit', with members displaying their self-stitched wares in preparation for the month itself and discussions taking place about all manner of related topics. I've been finding the 'Welcome' thread particularly fascinating, with members making small bio's about themselves and sharing what drew them to the challenge. Remember, you don't need to belong to the Flickr group to participate in SSS if you don't want to, it's just a useful place to 'gather', share and interact. Similarly, if you don't feel able or you don't want to participate in the SSS challenge, you can still head over to the Flickr group and 'hang': checking out the photos and discussions without even having to sign up to the group. How more frikkin' inclusive can this be?!

Off White Tube Top

The beautiful garments that you see 'decorating' this post are from SSS participants visible on the Flickr group pool. Click on each individual image to see the whole thing and find its creator. Thanks everyone who has signed up to the Self-Stitched-September challenge so far, or offered encouraging sentiments, or both. I really believe that we are doing something special here, in different ways and on different levels.

7 comments:

Bea W. said...

Hi Zoe,
Sassie Lassie has asked me to answer some questions in the game of 8 questions. I have just finished answering mine. Will be posted on Thursday.
Anyway, I wanted to ask you next to join and share the answers to the following 8 questions with us.
1) What outfit from a movie would you love to re-create?

2) Tell us about your sewing spot/room. What is your favorite thing about it?

3) Where did you learn to sew? Who taught you?

4) If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be?

5) What/Who inspires you?

6) What will always make you laugh?

7) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

8) What is something you would like us to know about you that you have never shared on your blog?

Camelia Crinoline said...

I forgot about the flickr group. Just had a look and it's fantastic. I love that there are so many sewists from all around the world.
You should be really proud of yourself Zoe, look what you started.

lexi said...

Thanks so much for putting this together, Zoe! I've never been part of any kind of sewing challenge and I can't believe how much more productive I've been with this goal set! My sewing has also become much more strategic and I find I'm making things that are more useful. Thanks again! xo

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

Oh I'm so excited, hurry up september!

Fourth Daughter said...

Very exciting! Feeling a bit of pressure but seeing as most of my stuff is self-stitched, it's not that much of a worry. Meanwhile, that apple print looks so much like the Miu Miu resort collection!!

Alexandra said...

The flickr group is so inspiring and is keeping me going while i un-pick my hem again :) xx

gebrax said...

hi?nice to see ur blog:)

would u visit my blog?

http://benz-automotive.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...