Sunday 6 June 2010

Self-Stitched-September Flickr Group and, umm, hang on, there's something missing, what was it again?

So, as promised a week ago when Self-Stitched-September was announced, a Flickr Group is born! Woo hoo! Let the party begin! As with the Me-Made-May Flickr Group, it will function as a visual record of our self-stitched inventories, preparations and plannings, and of course the self-stitched garments/outfits worn during the month of September itself. The discussion section can be used in whatever fun and useful way participants see fit. As truly awesome as the Me-Made-May manifestation was, I feel the particpants of that challenge (me very much included) only really started to realise the discussion facility's potential part-way into the month. With a good solid two and three-quarter months before the actual garment wearing need commence, I hope the SSS Flickr Group can become a hotbed of interaction way before September 1st.

I shall also explain at this point that the group is a public one in that anyone can view the pictures we up upload and the discussions we undertake, but you must be a member to comment or participate actively. The group has obviously been created primarily for participants of the challenge, but if non-participants wish to become members so that new uploads to the group appear on their homepage and what have you, they are also permitted to join. The group is about inspiring people to sew: one month's lurker may become another month's active participant! If you wish to join the group, head over to the group here and click 'Join?' to send me a request. I will admit you within a couple of days.

Oh, yeah. There's something that I've foolishly overlooked until now: signing-up to Self-Stitched-September myself!

'I, Zoe of 'So, Zo...' blog, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-September. I endeavour to wear only handmade items of clothing every day for the duration of September 2010 with the exception of bras, socks, tights and shoes'.

There. That's better!

4 comments:

Fourth Daughter said...

I want to do SSS but I don't want to have to create yet another email account... which I need to do to join Flickr... can I still take part? Also if you need help translating Japanese patterns let me know... I've just about finished translating a whole book about kimono! (yes, brain hurts. a lot)

Ali said...

Hooray! I'm excited. I joined the Flickr group. :)

Zoe said...

Glad you are on board for SSS Fourth Daughter, of course you can still participate if you don't sigh up to Flickr, no problem. The Flickr group is just a simple way for many of the participants to share and see each others outfits without trawling round the squillions of blogs to do so. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you can still view the group without signing up to Flickr, it's hard for me to check because every time I enter the Flickr site my laptop automatically knows it's me and loads my settings. In short, the Flickr group is a way of managing the 'evidence', not the challenge itself!

xxx

sophie said...

Hey Zoe, I'd totally love to give this a go... maybe for my 2 year old daughter mostly though. I'll try and sew the odd bit for myself but I'm mostly inspired to sew for her right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...