Monday 7 May 2012

MMMay'12 Other People: Week 1

In an effort to up the ante of my personal challenge pledge this time round for MMMay'12, I included a new element for myself. Not only will I be wearing me-made clothing throughout May, but I've enlisted a crew of my nearests and dearests to wear the garments I have been making for them over recent months and years.
One of them has and will be wearing something made by me each day throughout May. To rig up the logistics of the documentation, I chose the most reliable people I've sewn for (who also already possess the most Zo-mades) and assigned them specific days. Make sense? Maybe not, but let's take a look at the first week's MMMay'12 Other People documentation...



Day 1 (Tuesday)

My best mate Vic wore the red skirt I made for her from Simplicity 2451. Vic and I actually independently came up with the idea of getting her involved in my version of this year's challenge, seeing as she has a fair few garments made by me. I often make her things in exchange for a meal and/or wine. It's a mutually beneficial set up. Plus she is well aware that a handmade garment may take weeks or even months to materialise after I initially offer!



Day 2 (Wednesday)

Mumma E wore ANOTHER Simplicity 2451, also originally blogged in this post where you can see it more fully. Here she is, rocking a sophis look in her 'glamourous' working surroundings.



Day 3 (Thursday)

Patty wore his Book Launch check shirt all day. He popped into the studio to spend some of the afternoon with me, use the internet and eat biscuits. My boss is on maternity leave so I'm all alone at the moment. Pat said that wearing this shirt all day made him feel 'more awake and more proper'.



Day 4 (Friday)

We'll have to take her word for it, but Harriet says Friday saw her wear this gathered head black jersey top from the January edition of the Poetry & Clothing project. Harriet is hella busy being a teacher at the moment, with all that stuff that teachers have to do that isn't actually teaching, so hopefully we'll see her model her Zo-made garments later in the month when she is less strapped for time.



Day 5 (Saturday)

Vic again. On Saturday she wore a top I'd forgotten I'd even made! A boat-neck jersey striped affair with anchor button shoulder detail from a self-drafted pattern (not previously blogged). For purposes of transparency, this pic was taken on Sunday because she forgot to take a pic on Saturday so dutifully recreated her outfit (she's a natural blogger without ever having her own blog!).



Day 6 (Sunday)

Patty again. On Sunday he wore his Rockabilly Bowling shirt. Looking pretty sharp there Patty! It feels wierd to see him wearing this whilst I don't have a glass of wine in my hand.



Day 7 (Monday)

My mate Kirstin, as I type, is wearing some cute high-waisted denim shorts I made for her (previously unblogged). I know this because I just popped round to take this photo!

11 comments:

Julie G. said...

love the pictures!! I thought I was the only one who completely forgot about making things. My brother sent me a picture of himself in a polar fleece jacket that I allegedly made him back in the 90s....I vaguely remember..I guess he still loves it!

Julie G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
snippa said...

Great pictures!
I need a photo of everyone wearing the socks I've knit for them.

Marie said...

What an excellent idea, I love this post! Everyone looks so good and so happy in their Zoe-mades! You can pop round and photograph me any day, providing you've made me something lovely to boot ;o)

Mary said...

I love that you've made so many things for OTHER people to wear! It's difficult enough to get our own clothing to fit - how awesome that you can even sew to fit other people!

Vanessa said...

Way to go, Zo! I enjoyed reading this post, and seeing all your wonderful creations for others.

niddetissus said...

That's so cool they are all participating! It's nice for us too to see stuff you made pre-blog. :)

Unknown said...

I'm totally amazed at how many things you've made not just for yourself but for everyone else around you! Talk about a super seamstress!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love this idea!

emily said...

I accessorise a lot of my outfits with a packet of biscuits too! Biscuits go with everything!

Sigrid said...

Great idea. Your Zoe-made clothes al look perfect on their recipients. What a great way to spread the revolution!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...