Thursday 18 February 2010

At Colette Patterns: 'Stash Bustin''

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm right. I was pretty sure I was right about this before, but each time I consider it, my certainty is cranked up a notch. This may, in part, be linked to the book I am currently reading (the incredibly well researched and therefore terrifying 'Confessions of an Eco Sinner: Travels to Find Where My Stuff Comes from' by Fred Pearce,) which has raised my panic level that we must do something NOW about the way our consumption is effecting this planet. But don't let my mania spoil your day.

Simply put, I'm convinced that Stash Bustin' is the only answer for the eco-conscious seamstress who is (metaphorically) sitting on a pile of unused fabric. If you want to witness my shameless attempt to bring in new participants, then check out my post over at the Colette Patterns blog this week.

5 comments:

Carina said...

Colette Patterns' lovely bloomers pattern last weekend was the perfect solution to my dilemma of what to do with a 30" wide metre of bright red and white stripey/polka-dot cotton... the world's brightest, most ridiculous house-pants!

Thanks for the inspiration - not just to bust my stash, but to actually do something about organising it into some sort of order!

@carina_

Minnado said...

I agree with you about our consumption levels and the need to alter attitudes. I need to stop myself though before I start ranting on! Am working away here at stash bustin - it's made me think a bit more about how I use the fabric I have, hopefully in a more creative way...will post some pics after our current half term hols.

Lindsey M Nelson said...

I'm in for Stash Bustin', and have come pretty close to completing my first project (which is kind of amazing because I can rarely make the time to sew the things I want). I'll be posting it on my blog when it is done! Thanks for this great idea and challenge!

Lindsey M Nelson said...

Hey, the first project I did is up on my blog! If you have a second, I'd love it if you could take a look :) Thanks again for the great inspiration.

http://lmncouturier.blogspot.com/2010/02/all-aboard-stash-bustin-project.html

Pattern Junkie said...

Yippee! What a great idea! I'm already planning some other bustin' moves, but this a great one to add to the repertoire -- off to pick out candidates now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...