Harriet was a big fan of the original's puffy sleeves. For the neck line, instead of zigzagging some regular elastic around the neckhole on the wrong side, I used some navy satin-y fold over elastic (FOE) that was part of my recent eBay haul. Although FOE is generally used for underwear, it creates such a nice clean finish, I wanted to try it on this top. I think it works ok, particularly because the sparkly fabric lends something of a disco vibe anyway!
I was hoping to squeeze out a vest and pants set from the remnants, but the remains were odd shapes that prevented a vest. So instead I eeked out as much pant-age as I could:
The top pair in this pic are cut on the straight of grain, but then the strange shaped remains got even stranger and less accommodating, so I drafted half pattern pieces so I could cut more on the cross-grain and form chevron effects. I used the rest of the navy FOE and some scalloped edge navy underwear elastic, using different combinations and techniques on each of the pairs as practice. One of these will remain mine, two will become gifts. I think there are only so many pairs of disco pants it is necessary for one girl to own!
Well, my target was met. Nothing but small and unusable scraps left. This fabric has been thoroughly BUSTED!