Tuesday 11 May 2010

Me-Made-May: Days 8, 9 & 10

Day 8 (AKA Saturday) was a crazy and awesome day. I participated in a pin-up style photo shoot that formed the backbone of a creative project I've been working on with some friends. My day started early (before my Official Me-Made-May Photographer had got out of bed) and finished, well it finished by blending into the early hours of the following day, so no usual documentation pap was taken. But due to the fact that the fruits of my sewing machine were the focus of the shoot, you can be assured that I only wore me-made garms, in fact I think I and the other two models between us wore most of my me-made wardrobe at some point that day! I will of course display the official final outcomes as soon as I can, but in the mean time, check out the photo above of the crew that made it happen.

The after drinks were undertaken in me-mades, naturally (oh look! It's Matty and Patty again! They are fast becoming Me-May-Mascots, aren't they?!):

Day 9 comprised of a well needed lazy day. In fact I didn't leave the flat once. A few years ago I would have been disgusted at myself for such an omission! I guess these days I've got enough creative irons in the fire that I can view having a rest as part of the process. Actually I got loads of stuff done on Sunday, including serious headway on another endeavour that hopefully I will be able to disclose soon. Anyways, here's what I wore:

Me-made sailor trousers, stripey T-shirt, vest and pants. No need for shoes! Love it.

How have we got to Day 10 already? Jeez, this month is whizzing by!:


Me-made dress and pants (the leopard coat also got a look in when I went to work). I look like I'm really annoying to talk to in this photo! Now, I don't want to speak too soon, but I think the rain may have finally buggered off. The weather has definately been hotting up over the last few days. I thought I'd take one of the last opportunities to wear opaque tights, which I feel this dress needs. Funny isn't it how I disliked this dress as soon as I finished it because of the hassle the pattern brought? I don't normally wear dresses because I assume they take extra effort to carry off, when in fact they take less effort all round as you don't need to figure out what goes with what. Chuck it on and BANG! Who knew?! (Umm, pretty much everyone else, Zo.)

16 comments:

chrrristine said...

your project looks exciting, I can't wait to see more!
thanks so much for the constant inspiration, I'm enjoying me-made-may so much!
xo

Susannah said...

Looking good! I too just discovered the miracle of the dress. Roll out of bed and throw it on and you instantly look pulled together! No more standing in despair in front of your open closet! Glad I'm not the only one late to the dress-wearing party.

Stacy said...

Can't wait to see all these creative adventures you've been up to!

I need more dresses. I buy lots of dress patterns, but haven't sewn most of them yet. What's up with that?

Fawn and Flower said...

The top picture is so adorable! I wanted so badly to participate this month but was not ready. Well, I suppose I could have been, but I would mostly have been wearing aprons and pants. Next time, hopefully!

Clare said...

great photos and commentary! I also love dresses - especially how they often fit even with weight fluctuations, whereas trousers either fit or not (in my case anyway).

Nancy said...

Those red tights are great! I have tight envy.

Ally said...

Lovely dress - goes really well with the red tights!

bagqueen said...

I know this sounds like sour grapes but I'm glad its hotting up in Barcelona, it isn't here in the west midlands (UK) . Even when its sunny it is flipping freezing and I think the blistering summer we were promised should start!!

bagqueen said...

P.s sorry to be such a grump!! the gress is great BTW and I def think dresses are the way to go, especially made in jersey!!

Brooke said...

Absolutely adorable. I love dresses paired with butch boots. Very little effort required, and people are left wondering thanks to the boots. Tra la!

Also: MACARON! I am worried that when I finally make this pattern, my chest and the adorable little sweetheart bodice will conspire to put an eye out. Probably mine.

Although I have to say, I WOULD look hot with an eyepatch.

Minnado said...

Looking forward to seeing more of the creative project. I too am a convert to the dress. I keep finding the things I am most drawn to in the flickr pool are the dresses.

Unknown said...

Cute pants! Did you use a pattern?

Ali said...

zoe -- i'm loving following your progress. your creations are both practical for daily wear and totally cute (what a combo!) thanks for the inspiration.

and i ditto the sentiment on dresses. sewing has introduced me to the value of them, who knew? ;)

Emma said...

I LOVE your dress - where did you get the pattern??

Zoe said...

Thanks so much peops for the comments. Emma, for more info on my dress, please check out this post:
http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2009/11/ignoring-lessons.html

xxx

Zoe said...

And Jaime Sews, for info on the trousers, check this post:
http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2009/11/jeggings.html

Thanks for the interest
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...