Monday 3 May 2010

Me-Made-May: Days 1, 2 & 3

So here we go again! Me-Made-May is here and as with Me-Made-March which came before it, I intend to document each day's outfit and related thoughts here on my personal blog, as well as posting a pap a day to the Flickr group.

During the week running up to the beginning of May, I attempted to wear as many non-me-made garments (particularly pants! (knickers/panties/whatever)) as possible so I could get the rest laundered and ready. This actually proved more difficult than you might think as I reckon I've got more me-mades in my current wardrobe than shop bought or thrifted clothes. And as with the last challenge, I made sure I was in me-made pyjamas by midnight before Day 1 officially kicked in!

Day 1:


Me-made tunic top, jeggings and pants. Plus, I wore my Saint cardigan in the evening when I went out for a drink and a chinese. My dates for the evening, Matty and Patty:


That's Patty on the right, my boyfriend and long-suffering official me-made photographer. That's his mate Matty on the left. I think he (not so-) secretly wants to appear on this blog in case anyone out there thinks he's cute and leaves a comment!

Day 2:

Me-made bustier T-shirt, tulip skirt, pants and later jacket (see image below). Oh, and me-made hangover from the night before when the 'drink' I went out for turned into 'drinks' plural. Nobody go to Bar Suec in Gracia for a few days if you were hoping to have some Kahlua, you won't find any there.


So, on Day 2 I was really trying to wear garments that I usually tend to bypass for whatever reason when chosing what to wear. Also, I make lots of black garments, a gazillion navy garments, yet have a almost allergic fear of combining the two colours in an outfit. This was a lesson to teach myself it is possible. Sometimes I really shock myself with how rigid my 'garment combo making' rules tend to be. Challenging that is one of the aims to make Me-Made-May 'bigger, better and brighter' than Me-Made-March.

Day 3:


Me-made jeggings, jersey dress and pants. It's been pi$$ing with rain all day and I had to spend much of it traipsing around the streets in leaky shoes (the fear of contracting trench foot was becoming a real concern) and I was very grateful I had the leopard coat to turn to.

23 comments:

Gail said...

Love your style. And if you don't mind I think I'll have to copy the red tights with red shoes idea. I wear a lot of black and grey and this is a great way of adding colour without resorting to raucous prints.

Anonymous said...

I adore all 3 outfits! The last one, with the tunic length shirt, is one of the most super-chic casual outfits I've seen! Trench-foot or not. (Ha - I'd never heard that term before, but I didn't need to luck it up to get what you are referring to.)

You are lucky - your BF is a hottie. His friend is cute in a rugged, Grizzly Adams sorta way. ;)

Unknown said...

I love your "Me-made bustier T-shirt." Did you use a pattern or just make it from scratch?

Tasia said...

Yay for our fearless Me-Made-May leader! It's pretty cool to check out your Me-Made month, knowing there are dozens of people doing their own versions too.
Great outfits, I love your bustier t-shirt too. It's like the tee version of Macaron (was that your inspiration and/or the pattern you used?)

chrrristine said...

I love day 2's outfit, super chic!
and I agree, the red tights and shoes are perfect.
and the tulip skirt is very very pretty.

mon ami said...

Looking good lady! I'm loving the first set of outfits so far.

What pattern did you use for your Day 1 top? Too cute.

Brooke said...

Yum to the clothes, AND to Patty. He-llo sailor! Sadly I am the most thoroughly married person I know... but do pass along the compliments, will you?

Also, all your me-mades look stunning and chic. You doll, you.

frk.bustad said...

What an amazing kick-off on your Me-Made-May!! Please, please give us pics&pattern details on the jacket from day 2! And yeah, red shoes with red tights are a hit! I have to search for red shoes... with Me-Made-May and an upcoming Stash Bustin', shoes are the one thing I'll treat myself with...

kenda said...

all the outfits are cute, but day 2 is my favorite. love it.

Fourth Daughter said...

Love those red legs! A very "nautical but nice" look.
Not sure which "right" and "left" you mean (your right? the right of the photo?) so not sure which guy is which, but never mind, you're still lucky to be surrounded by adoring men!!

Tilly said...

I'm so impressed - somehow you manage to make your wardrobe look totally different (apart from the coat) to the Me Made March round. Are they all different clothes or just remixed?

I think the beardy boy is your one, no? He came up in an earlier pic of you dancing like loons hehe. In any case, they're both cute!

Uta said...

Love all your outfits, esp. with the red tights/shoes! And, Matty IS cute, but I'm married (and probably too old for him). Too bad.

Zoe said...

Oh thanks so much ladies! Gail, be my guest with the red tights and shoes. I once read that wearing the same colour tights and shoes makes your legs look longer, not sure if that's true but I think it's a cool effect.

Here's the deets on the bustier T-shirt:
http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2009/10/further-tales-from-stretch-fabric.html

The top from day one was a bit of a nightmare, deets here:
http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2009/04/springfieldsummer-09.html
Since then I unpicked it and took it in.

I will give the jacket props of it's own very soon.

One thing I must clarify: the hairy boy is mine, the short haired goon is the one seeking attention!

Thanks ladies for all your comments! xxx

Clare Mansell said...

Very inspiring!

slmpetersen said...

Love all the outfits! You have some great style going on!

Cee said...

Just had to pitch in for Matty and say he is definitely cute ;) And so are you and all the outfits!

Len said...

Awesome! I particularly love the hungover outfit - I tend to look rubbish on me-made hangover days, just don't put that effort in I guess :P

piccola samurai said...

I absolutely love day 2 outfit, it's so elegant and chic! Nautical style paired with red tights and shoes is definitely something I must try! Thumbs up to your style, I adore it!

Anonymous said...

both guys are hot.
Andrés (but i´m hottest than them ;-P)

Cecili said...

I'm fond of all your outfits, especially the little suit, the jacket and the skirt work so well together! And your hairdo is fabulous^^

Alessa said...

I really like the tulip skirt outfit! Looking forward to see how you dress for the rest of the month!

Alyssa said...

I have the same problem! Everything I make is blue, probably because I bought two never-ending sheets in the best color/drape and so I make everything out of them.

Sisterino said...

I just found your blog and love it! I love your style so much. I have officially been inspired to go home and sew something for myself!

And, your BF's friend is a total hottie! But don't tell him if you don't want...men only need so much ego boosting before they get out of control! =P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...