Wednesday 5 May 2010

Me-Made-May: Days 4 & 5

Umm, I know I'm falling foul of the (justified) English stereotype of always moaning about the weather, but it's been $hite the last couple of days. As cold and wet as (me-made-) March for sure. Which is probably why I've resorted to a couple of outfits that may be familar for Days 4 and 5.

Day 4:

Me-made ruffle front jumper, bird silhouette skirt, vest and pants. My intention, as previously stated, was to hopefully look better during May than I feel I did during March, so to compensate for a repetition in outfits, I attempted to do more with my hair. On Day 4 I put my hair in a few pin curls whilst it was still damp, and took them down just before I headed out the flat. At first I had mad volume and felt a bit self-concious walking down the main shopping streets of Barcelona. By after an hour or two it relaxed and turned into pleasant curls. See?


Day 5:


Me-made stripey T-shirt, wool blend dress, pants and Saint cardigan when I felt nippy. In fact I felt nippy pretty much all day as I wasn't feeling very well. I gave myself the day off from teaching in fact to concentrate on feeling sorry for myself for the afternoon.

I promise to stop being such a moody Me-Made-Mayers very soon! If you are participating in Me-Made-May, I hope you are having a great time and luxuriating in all the compliments your outfits/garments are no doubt receiving!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the bird skirt! What material is it made out of?

frk.bustad said...

Me too, love the birds! And also the wool blend dress... So classy but yet so cool with your style. Me-Made-May has inspired me to do some sewing again after April sewing meltdown... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think you look adorable! I hope your weather picks up soon (we're getting snow here still!) Two questions- did you make the leopard coat and if so, what pattern? It's gorgeous! Also, skirt is adorable! Any tips on making the applique?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, found the coat on your blog- ne'er mind... carry on!

meli88a said...

So cute -- I agree with Trisha, that bird skirt is LOVE. How did you do the birds?

Brooke said...

I love that bird silhouette skirt--I've been thinking about using reverse applique to make an abstract design (outlines of squares) on a skirt. Tutorial here: http://darnkat.wordpress.com/reverse-applique-tutorial/

I also made a lino block of a '57 FOrd truck, and I'm really tempted to try that as a reverse applique. Not as elegant as the birds, but very funky. I don't know if I could get away with it at work, though.

Camelia Crinoline said...

Your hair looks great. Like everyone else I love the bird skirt. I too constantly complain about the weather and I don't even have the fact that I'm English as an excuse.

Zoe said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I'm a massive fan of applique to make a project more special and unique. Go for it Brooke! LOVE the truck idea. If you want to know more about my bird skirt, ch,ch,ch,ch, check it out!:

http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2009/09/team-skirts-live-again.html

Cecili said...

That leopard coat is a killer! It looks perfect :) Your outfits are cute, I like the bird skirt.

Minnado said...

Love the outfits. I think I will try applique as now have chocolate and paint stains on my white me made shirt. Hope weather gets better - it's a bit nippy in UK too. Loving the curly hair !

Len said...

I ADORE the wool blend dress - drooling a little bit at the mo. Did you use a pattern? Germany is being cold at the mo too, which SUCKS, but I'm happy that Spain hasn't stolen all of our sun at least!!

Anonymous said...

I have been receiving lots of compliments on my clothes!! My husband was particularly fond of one dress ;o)

Anonymous said...

I have been receiving lots of compliments on my clothes!! My husband was particularly fond of one dress ;o)

Alessa said...

The skirt is really cute!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Great outfits. LOVE the bird skirt!

Fourth Daughter said...

That leopard coat would be enough to cheer anyone up. Am envying your hair... I'm getting mine cut tomorrow but it won't ever look anywhere near as volume-y as I'd like!

Tasia said...

Love the bird skirt, thanks for directing us to the original post!
That leopard coat is awesome, too, it's one of those pieces you can throw over anything for instant style. Great outfits!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...