Friday 30 April 2010

Me-Made-May Support Group: Let's Do This Thing!!!!

So here we are my Me-Making friends, on the starting line of a month full of challenge! Whatever the criteria you have set yourself for your own personal challenge, I wish you all the best and an enjoyable month.

Uta wrote a lovely summary of our Me-Made-May challenge, and at risk of sounding gushy, I really couldn't have (and haven't!) encapsulated it better. She listed her main objectives for the month, which include:

''Fun! I'm not usually the playful type or one to run with the masses (unless in blogging, ha!), but this seems a wonderful way to enjoy our craft, dress creatively, and all in the company of fellow sewers who inspire!''

So without further ado, the part I've been dreading as the number of participants started to pile up, a comprehensive list of the Me-Made-May Support Group, including links where applicable:

Alishes
Amy
Andrea
Angela
Anne Maskell
Annie
badmomgoodmom
bagqueen
Barbara
Becky
Brooke
http://sweetlimes.com/
Camelia Crinoline
Carmencita B
Cecili
ChickyC
christine
Clare
Clare
Clare
Claudine

Crystal
CrystaL*
Debi
elnajay
emily
Erica B
ericalwong
frk.bustad
Isabel
Holly S
Hortencia Butterscotch
Jana
Jane
Jane
jane mckinlay cluff
jennwhisper
Jenny
Jessica
Jessica
Jodi
Kat
Kathryn Barker
Katrina
Katy
Kaith Ladios
KID, MD
Lisette
little Bean
Madelaine
mado
Marley
Megan
Melynda
Mena
Minnado
mon ami
Monica
my vintage..esque journey
Nettie
ohthecuteness
Out of Order
Patchwork Architect
prudence rabbit
Rachel
Reethi
SEW RED HOT
Sigrid
SølviElise
Sophie Miriam
Stacy
stephanie
Suse
Tasia
Trisha
Uta
vanessa
Zoe

Phew! That took some organising! All the Me-Made-Mayers in alphebectical order, as their names appeared in my comments sections. If you don't see your name on the list and you did sign up, forgive me, please leave me a comment on this post and I'll correct my mistake asap. If you see your name on the list and are NOT taking part, or I got your link wrong, or you prefer to be called by something else, etc. etc. also please leave me a comment and I'll sort it out. Otherwise, for obvious reasons, as they say in all good telethons "Lines are now closed" for entry!

So bookmark/favourite the link to this page if you are so inclined, so you have the ability to see what inspirational things each other is up to with ease. I hope that many new 'friendships' come from this challenge, as well as all the other benefits and fun. Enjoy......

28 comments:

Tasia said...

Woohoo! Look forward to the month ahead, thanks for posting the list of participants!

Anonymous said...

wishing all the me-made-mayers lots of luck, gutted i'm not in a position to join the challenge this time round but looking forward to seeing all the creations!

emily said...

I'm so excited! Thanks for organising this!

naughty little pony said...

Wow what a list - Fantastic!

Stacy said...

Woo-hoo! Thanks for all your hard work in getting this together, Zoe.

Elly said...

So exciting! Thank you for organizing everything, Zoe...I'm looking forward to this!

Jodi Wade said...

I think this is going to be a great month!

Maybe we could have a communal blog that everyone could post to? That is one huge list of participants!

Zoe said...

Thanks for your thanks! Jodi: do you know there is a Flickr group that participants are posting photos of their outfits and creations and having discussions on? That's effectively a blog for this challenge. If you have a Flickr account (if not it's easy to obtain) find the Me-Made-May group and request membership.

All the best!
Zoe x

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing all Me-Made today!!
You forgot to add me to the list. I guess you could list me as Nettie.

Barbara said...

Yay!
Great list of participants!
Thanks, Zoe!
:-)

Zoe said...

Sorry Nettie, all fixed now! x

out of order said...

can't wait to start seeing other people's outfits! Yay for May!

Jenny said...

Thanks for setting this up! My link is a bit wrong. The second part is right, but it has the blogger url in front for some reason. No big worries - I'm sure anyone dying to see my blog will figure it out. :-)

chrrristine said...

hey Zoe, it's actually three Rs instead of three Ss. But maybe just put "Christine", it sounds a bit less like I'm a crazy person :)
it's nice to see that so many people are participating, I look forward to seeing more.
xo

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I totally forgot to say that I'm going to have to pull out of doing it this month. I have virtually nothing in my wardrobe currently & all my making time is being used for college work. It's eating my soul slowly, but err, it's more important than what I look like for a month!
I will definitely be following the progress of everyone though & will 100% join in if you do it again. Sorry I forgot to say before Zoe! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm not on the list! I know it took a lot for you to organize this so I don't feel upset! One day down!

Fourth Daughter said...

Damn! I'm too late to join in, but I wear something I've made nearly every day anyway so I'm probably participating by default! Great idea - and looks like you have an amazing homemade wardrobe... I'm just starting to put up some of my creations....
http://stylewilderness.blogspot.com/2010/05/fourth-daughter-retrospective.html

Zoe said...

Sorry Erica! All fixed now. As is Christine's name and Jenny's link. No problem Leah, thanks for letting me know. I wish the best of luck for finishing your studies, and see you for the next challenge that you can enjoy without your studies hanging over you.

xxx

Clare Mansell said...

Hello, I'm late to join the party. I'm VERY new to making clothes, but now I've finished my second item of clothing (!) I reckon I can manage a "Me Made May Monday" (with 3rd, 4th & 5th items of clothing to be made later in the month if I'm allowed to take part!)

So can I join the gang?

Clare

frk.bustad said...

Yey, I'm in! I have to admit I'm making a twist to the challenge, but going for the Me-Made-May-Lite, still. See http://frkbustad.blogspot.com/2010/05/mini-me-for-me-made-lite.html

I look forth to follow you, Zoe, and what a great list of participants!

frk.bustad said...

...have you by the way seen the MakeShift project by Natalie Purschwitz? She's having an art project going on with a premise of only wearing things she's made herself. And ALL things are made by her. Amazing...

http://makeshiftproject.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting!!! Can't wait to see what everyone wears this month.

Zoe said...

I have indeed! She was a massive influence behind me inventing the Me-Made-March challenge in fact! She is amazing and I can't describe how much I am into her project.

Susannah said...

Although I'm only a MMM spectator, I'm so pleased by how much this has caught on -- and very impressed by my fellow sewists' wardrobe-building skills! This is a very inspiring project. Best of luck to all.

Spiraling Millinery said...

Oops, I'm new to this and joined the flickr group but didn't let you know here.
I'm Spiraling Millinery and my blog is spiralingmillinery.com/blog.

In The Heyday said...

Zoe I am late but I am doing it anyway. Brilliant idea and I am storming along with projects so I have something to wear!

no worries if you don't want to keep adding to your list though.
Shona

http://intheheyday.blogspot.com/

Kitty Couture said...

Oops! I was excited when I saw your idea, and meant to participate, but didn't realize I had to officially enter my name/blog here. Am I too late to join the party? I was planning on blogging on this on a weekly basis. Never mind if I'm too late :) Thanks for the great idea and the list!

Zoe said...

Hiya peops,

There's been a few people wanting to join in the party after May 1st. The point was to do it for the whole month, but if you want to particpate after May 1st, please do, the more the merrier. However, I'm no longer going to continue to edit this list, I'm a busy lady! You are welcome to join the Flickr group.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...