Friday 28 October 2011

Poker Top!

An uncharacteristically short blog post from me today for two reasons: A) there isn't very much to tell you about this recent creation, and B) it's my birthday so I've got better things to be doing than spending ages staring at my laptop.

Seeing as how much I love my leopard collar batwing top, you couldn't be declared a genius for predicting that I'd make another top along the same lines. For this top I used the same pattern but gave it a slash neck, akin to the batwing dress I made for September's installment of the Poetry and Clothing project. This awesome printed fabric had been in my stash for about a month before I figured out this was to be its destiny. It's a sample length from a fabric printing company and I'm not sure it has been been finished properly as it's the wierdest, floppiest fabric that will get all mis-shapen if you so much as turn your back. Needless to say it was a 'challenge' to sew. Goodness knows what's going to happen when I wash this garment. It should be ok with lots of gentle coaxing back to shape with a warm iron.

I've already got a few wears from this top, the fabric was free and the whole thing was very quick to make, so if it does get mis-shapen beyond wearability, I won't be too upset. The star that shines half as long, shines twice as bright! I just have to make sure I wear this top to a poker game before meets its end...

25 comments:

Christina said...

Happy birthday Zoe! Also congratulations on your super cute top.

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

Ahh, Happy Birthday Zoe!

P.S. Love the top :)

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday, fellow Essex girl!!! Love the top, too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, chick!

Bunnykins said...

Happy Birthday!! Have fun! And, yes, love the top.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and OMG, I love that fabric!

Reethi said...

Happy birthday!

Debi said...

Happy Birthday!!!! That top is so fantastic...I love the fabric!

Jacquie said...

Happy Birthday Zoe.
I really enjoy your blog, especially recent posts about the reasons to make your own clothes and the sewing cafe. Very interesting. Great top too!

Unknown said...

Penblwydd Hapus! Hope you had a fabulous day and are having an even better evening. Loving the top! x

margaret said...

Well then, Happy Birthday pretty lady!

Ally said...

Happy birthday Zoe ! Love the batwingness mixed with the boatneckness.

Tanit-Isis said...

Happy birthday! Have a great day and enjoy your cute, fun top! :)

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Happy birthday Zoe! Great top, nice subveriosn - red and spades together, I love that.

Kat said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! Love the top. Very you but strangely without anchors!

Camelia Crinoline said...

Happy Birthday! Your top looks great. I love the print.

Mocksy said...

Happy belated birthday Zoe! Hope you had a great day. Love the poker top

Crystal said...

Happy birthday! That top is super cute, even if the fabric is going to be unpredictable.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday (belatedly) I hope you had a fab time.

Alessa said...

Cool print! :D Happy belated birthday!

Meg the Grand said...

I hope your birthday was fantastic!

Cecili said...

A belated happy birthday dear Zoe, I hope you had a great day! Your top is beyond cool :)

EmilyKate said...

Oh that fabric! A bit late to wish you a happy birthday, hope it was a great one :o)

darren sammy said...

If you don't mind proceed with this incredible work and I anticipate a greater amount of your amazing blog entries. spbo bet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...