Thanks everyone for such an awesome response to the latest handmade challenge! So exciting to see so many new names, but also incredibly lovely to see lots of 'me-made' or 'self-stitched' 'veterans' stepping up to the challenge once again. Something that is particularly cool is that some of the veterans have upped the ante this time round, for example, pledging to try to wear two handmade garments each day rather than the one a day that they previously achieved. If you're a 'veteran' back for more self-stitched challengery, I would love to hear why you chose to sign up again. Please leave a comment if you have a spare sec.
Anyways, on to the goods. If you cast your eyes to the right of my blog to where it says 'Current Projects', you will see a spanking new 'Me-Made-March '11' button/widget which, when clicked on, handily links back to my initial 'Me-Made-March '11: Join Me' post. If you choose to be a participant, and have a blog, the benefits of one of these beauts are numerous! Here are but a few:
- They act as a statement of intent
- If, like me, you go through your own blog to check out what's new on the blogs and sites you like to follow, seeing that lil' MMMar'11 (the official abrieviation, BTW!) can act as a reminder to yourself that maybe you could be sewing something pretty for yourself rather than spending all your free time online (this is a reminder I have to give myself frequently)
- Your readers can click on it to see the full explanation of what you are up to, so you don't have to explain it yourself quite as frequently
- I spent ages trying to find the exact font that 'spoke' MMMar'11 to me, therefore it's probably charged with good juju so may well act as a lucky talisman for the duration of the challenge
- When surfing the blogosphere, you can easily spot someone else who is participating in the challenge
- Curious folk who see your smokin' widget/button/badge might end up as participants themselves! (You will have had a hand in making a new convert, perhaps a little like being a jedi master training a young 'un)
There are probably a squillion more reasons why you should hook yourself up with this badge/button widget which currently escape me....
So, if you would like one, follow these steps:
1# Copy the following HTML code:
href="http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2011/02/me-made-march-11-join-me.html" target="_blank"> <img border="0" alt="Photobucket" src="http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab120/zozowahine/memademarchbanner.jpg" width="200" height="25" /> </a>
2# (This is for blogger, not sure about other blog hosts). Click on 'Customise' on your own blog;
3# click on 'Layout';
4# click on 'Add Gadget';
6# paste the code in;
7# click on 'save changes'; ta da!!!!
Let me know if there's any problems! I'm not formerly trained in the art of sharing good juju, my amateur status sometimes shows me up, particularly when good juju involves HTML!