Wednesday 25 May 2011

Announcing: MMJune '11 Brighton Meetup!!!

Howdy peops!!! How are you doing? Exciting news: as I write this, about 100 amazing creative individuals across the globe have signed up to take part in Me-Made-June '11!!!! How incredible is that?! Can you imagine what that would look like if we all met up in Real Life in one room? Well, there is of course the MMJune '11 Flickr group where we can all hang. But sadly, the science of getting is all together in the flesh is beyond me. But I am hoping to bring such a meeting into fruition in a tiny way. Enter: The Me-Made-June '11 Brighton meetup on Saturday 25th June 2011!

Sorry all peops that live outside the UK (or somewhere within the UK which happens to be prohibitively distanced from the South East), I really wish attending was an option for everyone. Maybe you could arrange a meetup where you live if you feel there might be others in your 'hood that might be up for hanging. If you do decide to arrange one yourself, let me know the deets and I'll post about it.

Anyways, please note, the MMJune '11 Brighton meetup isn't just for people who have signed up to the challenge, anyone who is into (or would like to get into) sewing clothes is welcome. The one stipulation though if you aren't already participating in the challenge but would like to come along too, if you own a garment you've made yourself, wear it to the meetup!

The meetup will entail meeting at Brighton train station at a to-be-arranged time, then (in no specific order) going for coffee and a natter, checking out the cream of Brighton's haberdashers and fabric purveyors, snooping around a flea market and street market, having a bite of lunch and maybe a wee G&T if time permits. PLUS, if that wasn't enough to lure you down here, Tilly (who I've been convo-ing with about this meetup) has flagged up that she is feeling a bit guilty about the size of her stash, so ingeniously suggested that we add a little voluntary stash bustin'/ fabric swapping element to this meetup. As y'all know, I'm a total advocate of raiding your stash and sourcing second hand textiles for sewing projects rather than buying new fabric where possible. You may also recall my attempts to encourage giving away and swapping unwanted stash items. In short, this suggestion of Tilly's is so up my street, I'm sometimes asked to feed its cat when it's on holiday.

(image source)

I've got a fair idea of how to organise a stash swap, so if you wish to attend this meetup and happen to have some pieces of fabric that you really can't see yourself using, why not bring them along? Remember, one man's poison is another man's medicine!!! This is, of course, an entirely voluntary section of the meetup, you are in no way obliged to bring any of your beloved fabric with you if you don't want to!

So, if you are free that day and would like to come and hang out by the seaside, leave a comment with your email address or a link where I can easily find your email address, and I'll contact you a little closer to the time to arrange the details. Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you!

29 comments:

charlotte said...

I would like to come along to Brighton for the day, I haven't been there in years since moving to Devon.

Dibs said...

I am most definitely in. See you in Brighton.

Stacy said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Too bad I'm an ocean away. :( But I look forward to seeing all the fun photos and a full report on your blog!

Law said...

Zoe, I am totally in if that's cool? I'm having to hibernate at the mo because of exam revision, but wouldn't miss this, esp as it's on my doorstep!

Aileen said...

Ooh yeah! I'm totally in as well! I have fabric I would love to see go to a better home too so that seems ideal really!

shivani said...

I'm so in, I'm practically already there! Can't wait x

Carolyn said...

I wish i *could* be there1 Have heaps of fun, and just imagine all the rest of us are virtually milling around too...

Anonymous said...

so wish I could come with....but I am a time zone & ocean away....looking forward to your pics.

Picnicfan said...

I would also love to join you in Brighton, but I'm too far away. It must be great fun meeting other people who share our hobby. I only know one other person here who occasionally makes her own clothes.

The Creative Miss W said...

Still thinking about joining being fairly new to sewing I don't exactly have a cupboard full of clothes I have made myself. Sounds like so much fun

Stevie said...

I'm in as always. I will have moved out to Worthing by then, (Sad Face) so I'm sure I will be dying for some Brighton time in my beloved city!
x

Unknown said...

If I can figure out/ afford the train from Cardiff then I will be there!

Anonymous said...

Oh boo, I'll be away that weekend but with you all in spirit and can't wait to see the write up and photos!

Jane said...

Oh ho, I can't make it I'm afraid! I'll be sweating over a hot tombola at my son's school fair that day. I'll be with you all in spirit though and hope you have a fantastic day. xx

Unknown said...

Oh, I so want to make it so add my name to a "possibly" list! I'm in the process of buying/moving house so it might be that I can't make it (still unsure when I will move) but if I can I'll be there. My email is suzysewingblog[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk

butiksofie said...

O Brighton is such a great place, I have been there a long time ago! Wish I could go back there, have fun, hughs Anja

Ally said...

I'm game - and really looking forward to it!

allymanoleatgmaildotcom

See you soon.

Debi said...

Ohhhhhh! I so want to come...ok, working out logistics!!

Shelly said...

This sounds like so much fun. I wish I could be there! Have a coffee for me. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Tilly said...

Me me meeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

So gutted! I'm heading over to the U.K. but I'll miss this by a week :( Oh well hopefully I'll cathc you all next time :)

Sants said...

Yes yes please!

Justine said...

I'm in! See you all there.

Justine said...

Oops, forgot my email - sorry! justinewb[at]gmaild0tc0m, thanks

Susan in Dulwich said...

I'd like to come along. Newly back to sewing, I wasn't able to join in Me Made June but I'm inspired by the bloggers who are posting about their me-made outfits each day. If only this pesky "working for a living" didn't get in the way so much.
susan(underscore)rotter(at)yahoo(dot)com

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

Hi Zoe

I've sent you an email requesting to join in on the fun :)

Cheers,
Claire

Nikki said...

I wish I could come, but methinks I'm going to be busy next weekend. Not sure I can afford a day in fabric shops, I think my bank might tell me off!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go that weekend. Will you be sharing which stores you visit? I'd love to know that way I can venture out there when I have a chance.

Marie said...

I so wish I could come to this, as Goldhawk Road was a blast! Maybe next time...hope you're all having fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...