Friday, 14 December 2012

Refashion Friday Inspiration: Lace Stripes Sweatshirt Remake


Happy Friday, my weekend loving friends! Well, how is it round your way? Here it's damn chilly and all I can think about is warm clothing and layers, so today's Refashion Friday inspiration is another recut and remade sweatshirt refashion. 


I haven't reinvented the wheel here with this one. It began life as an unwanted dude's sweatshirt which I recut to have a nicer, more feminine fit. Read about some of my other remade sweatshirts projects if you'd like more info on how I do that. However, this particular sweatshirt features a super easy lacy striped design that could be applied to lots of refashions or sewing projects.


As you can see in the picture above, I added the lace stripes to the front piece before I reconstructed the sweatshirt back together again. The centre stripe has a simple bow feature which was made with two extra small lengths of the lace stitched down. I really like the 70's retro vibe this garment has, I think it's got a kind of feminine yet sporty look. 

3 comments:

Masustak eguzkitan said...

Cute!!! I love the feminine but yet sporty look.

Beth said...

So cute! Recutting something for a better fit is the best refashioning.

Nena Nadine said...

Looks great! I totally would wear that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...