In case you haven't figured it out, here's my general formular for writing a post for the Colette Patterns blog:
- Uncover an element of sewing, clothing or style that I hadn't realised I've actually been obsessed with for ages.
- Research it as far as possible to put the topic into some historical and/or cultural perspective.
- Put forward my argument as to why I think it's the shit.
- Discuss the applications/variations/methods.
- Spend WAY too long searching google images and Flickr for supportive images, and then realise that there in fact only enough space to cram one sixth of the total images I found into the final post.
Indeed that is the formular that I used for my post on Mid-Century Kimono sleeves. Having declared all this, I'll probably do something completely different for the next post, but of course rules are made to be broken, are they not?