Monday 18 April 2016

Me-Made-May '16: My Pledge

(Expect to see a lot of crazy prints this Me-Made-May!)

It's been really fun to read all the #MMMay16 pledges that have been rolling in. It's time I threw my hat into the ring as well!

'I, Zoe of 'So, Zo... What Do You Know?' and @sozoblog, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear only me-made clothing (with the exception of maternity jeans, bras and maybe the occasional secondhand cardi) each day for the duration of May 2016. PLUS: my daughter will wear at least one item of mum-made clothing each day'

BOOM! It's ON. The fact that I'll be pregnant during the challenge this year has naturally amped things up, and it'll be interesting to see how my shape/size alters between the beginning and end of the month and what that means for my wardrobe. I'm also super excited to be bringing Dolores into the challenge this year! I would love to get to the stage where almost all her clothes are made my me, and this will be a great opportunity to see how close to that goal we have already come.

I intend to document my challenge with weekly round ups on this blog, and by participating in the Flickr group and on Instagram and Pinterest when I get the chance.

If you would like to challenge yourself this Me-Made-May but are struggling to come up with a pledge, I'll publish a post in the near future that will contain lots of pledge ideas that may help you figure out how to get the most from the challenge.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous photo!
Good luck with your challenge :)

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Zoe I love how Dolores means sorrowful, but your Dolores is such a beacon of happiness!!! That grin!! Well she did get a double dose of joie de vivre. xo

Christals Creations said...

If the weather ever warms up I shall give mmm a go but most of my own wardrobe is summery and its far too cold. Looking forward to seeing some of your new makes. :)

BLD in MT said...

Good challenge! I look forward to seeing your May already. I am doing MMM again this year, too.

Fabrickated said...

I have been following MMM for a few years. Now ready to join in. Thank you for hosting Zoe, and many congratulations on your second pregnancy.

stipjesendatjes@gmail.com said...

I'm doing MMM for the first time this year (and te children too)

Claire said...

'I, Claire Fowler sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to celebrate wearing my home made clothes each day for the duration of May 2016'. I'm better at sewing than virtual communications so let's see how this goes.....

lahbluebonnet said...

How exciting that you added your little girl to the challenge! Last year my college age daughter, who wears many of the clothes I have sewn for her, wanted to participate. However I told her that I thought only seamstresses who sew their own clothes could participate. But perhaps, even now that it is May 1, I could amend my pledge? Because not only did I wear an item sewn by myself today, but my daughter also wore an outfit I have sewn for her.
Laurie
Teacups in the Garden@blogspot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...