Sunday 2 September 2012

Me-Made-Outfit of the Week


Me-Mades:
Pants (knickers)

Umm, so Autumn happened yesterday. Long sleeves! Boots! Tights! Anyways, Summer was a massive disappointment and you know what you are going to get with Autumn, so bring it on. I decided to wear my navy Ceylon dress because the curtains it's made from offer a fair amount of warmth. It's also a good option when I want to look more dressed up than usual but with little effort. I'm not entirely sure about the shrug with it though. The front curve of the bolero kind of mimics but also hides the curved yoke of the dress. But it's nice to find an outfit to wear the shrug with that looks good with the applique side rather than the plain side. 

Happy Autumn/Spring everyone! 

13 comments:

oh-mimmi said...

This is one of my favorite outfits!
It´s also cold here in bavaria and I wore warm tights and a autumn coat yesterday :(

Christel

frk.bustad said...

Looking good! The bolero themes nicely up with ceylon. And I love an everyday ceylon!

Trees said...

I love this outfit - I love red and navy together and the dress is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Brrrrr. Actually considered digging out my boots yesterday too. Actually, I love Autumn, being a fan of the cardi n all that :)
Love that Ceylon.
Px

Sewing Princess said...

Love the color combo! And the bolero is great on the dress...love red!

Sewing by Shirley said...

You look so lovely in everything! I'm excited that summer is over for us. I've been busy working on warmer-style sewing projects!

Cirque Du Bebe said...

Loving your ceylong. Suits you so well.

SewJillian said...

Beautiful! I see what you mean about covering some of the details at the top of the dress, but I love the bolero with it!

Unknown said...

i think it goes lovely with it, good way to keep it looking more smart casual!

Sew little time said...

lovely ceylon! but boo to autumn - I haven't finsihed all my summer sewing yet!

Lovenicky said...

That's a fab outfit to kick start this Autumn season! I just want to let you know that I am passing a Versatile Blogger Award onto you. If you would like to accept it (and there is no pressure), come on over to my blog and grab it! I read your blog a lot and I'm really inspired by your creations anotd I have learned a lot from your tutorials.

Janice said...

I think the shrug works. It sets off the colors of the dress. I wish autumn were here, it was 80 degrees ans very humid today.

Tilly said...

Babe alert!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...