Sunday 22 July 2012

Me-Made-Outfit of the Week


Me-Mades:
Pants (knickers)
Leopard Coat (not shown)

First up, apologies for the late night poorly lit photography. This was taken at the end of 'Date Night' last night. Now, I'm not sure if effectively just a dress can be considered an 'outfit', but it is what I wore and it did feel the best out of all the things I wore this week (pyjamas excluded, of course). The dress is made from Simplicity 2444 which I created for the Simplicity 'Get a Vintage Look' Blog Social

I have only worn this dress once since its creation until last night, why? The sleeves. A few times I put the dress on in advance of going out, then tried to move my arms and promptly took it off again. Then yesterday I spent some time unpicking and removing the sleeves, overlocked and turned over the raw edges and made it into the sleeveless version. I would recommend to anyone thinking about making this pattern, do not use the sleeve pattern unless you plan to adapt it to make tiny cap sleeves. Now I love this dress, the fit at the top back still isn't ideal, but a lot of other special sewing to be getting on with, I can now live with this dress as it is!

8 comments:

Kat said...

What a great print! I'm majorly converting the shoes as well. I'm never really sure what to do with capped sleeves, but I'm glad you made these work for you as its too lovely a dress to be hidden away unworn!

bedroom paint colors said...

Good day,
'So, Zo...'
Nice style! Good to see a talent at work. This has been really inspiring, thanks a lot!

Judith said...

Well a dress this stylish should be classified as an 'outfit'!!! Looking forward to your special sewing...

✿ Judith
made by J

HoffiCoffi said...

I love the fabric and, having just read your original post, I think the sleeveless version highlights the gorgeous collar more so I think the alterations were a good move!

Gillian said...

Good on you for going back and fixing the dress! I don't why it's so hard to go back and rework a finished garment... but somehow it's so depressing!
(BTW, I'm going fabric shopping tomorrow on a street with lots of african fabric, and you've motivated me to finally pick some up!)

Rochelle New said...

Amazing fabric!!! I love it!

Crab and Bee said...

Great fix! Range of motion is so important :)

Lynn said...

That's a really cute dress, interesting fabric. The shoes are perfect with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...