Friday 25 March 2011

Me-Made-March '11: Days 18, 19, 20 & 21

The tinternet is back on! It's quite glaringly obvious how much of life and communication is conducted through it when it is taken away from you for a while. Let's not dwell on that right now, I've got some catching up to do...

Day 18:

  • me-made denim sailor trousers
  • me-made stripey long sleeved T-shirt
  • me-made vest and pants
  • refashioned cardigan
  • me-made coat and bag
A cosy, if predictable, get-up I'd say.

Day 19:

  • me-made denim sailor trousers
  • me-made black stretch top
  • refashioned cardigan
  • me-made vest and pants
  • me-made coat and bag

Day 20:

  • me-made faux vintage dress
  • me-made vest and pants
  • me-made Saint cardigan (when I went outside)
  • me-made coat and bag

I actually wore my leopard coat instead of my navy wool one for a change, but regretted it as soon as I stepped outside! This was a ridiculously optimistic outfit considering it was a lovely sunny day but actually still pretty nippy. Which is why I changed as soon as I got home into this:

  • me-made black sailor trousers
  • me-made black stretch top
  • me-made Saint cardigan
  • me-made vest and pants

Wearing all black reminds me of when I used to help out back stage at my school's drama productions!

Day 21:

  • me-made black sailor trousers
  • me-made stripey T-shirt
  • refashioned cardigan
  • me-made vest and pants
  • me-made coat and bag

According to my boyfriend, my wide legged trousers make me look short. This photo is evidence to suggest he's right. I'm over it.

6 comments:

kms handmade said...

I LOVE that black dress with the trim. I don't know if I told you when you posted it the first time. It's so pretty!

Unknown said...

I'm with Kelly. That dress looks fab, especially with those shoes!
You don't look short in those trousers. If anything it's the angle of the camera as you look super tall in your all black pic!(Is it you or do you have a super tall twin??)
You are the undeniable MMM queen. It's the MM pants that clinch it...;)
Px

bagqueen said...

Hi I wondered where you had gone, glad you are back with us. I love the refashioned cardi, I have some jumpers that I want to refashion cos they are just boring and frumpy but good colours for my wardrobe so that has given me some good ideas, Thanks x

Cecili said...

More evidence that you're one of the most stylish girls out there :) I love all your outfits, navy really suits you!

Kristina Clemens said...

Your work is so fabulous...just love the sailor buttons on those pants and the little black dress. I'm a freelance clothing designer and love to see other women working their magic...You go! =)
Kristina J.

Tabatha Tweedie said...

Hiya! I've been following your me-made/self-stitched challenges for a while now and I've always wanted to take part, but I'm always so busy sewing things for other people that I end up with not much me-made stuff in my wardrobe! BUT, this April, I'm challenging myself to two hours of sewing every day (at least) in preparation for Me-Made-May: you will be doing Me-Made-May, right?! I'm hoping so! It's about time I made things for ME! PS. I'm very jealous of your sailor trousers. Tabatha x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...