Sunday 20 March 2011

Me-Made-March '11: Days 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17

Okays, I’ve been AWOL round these parts recently, so I’ve gots me some catching up to do.

Day 13:

  • Me-made pyjama bottoms
  • Me-made ruffle front jumper
  • Me-made vest and pants

I basically stayed in all day packing up our belongings ready to move to a new flat (woo hoo!). I’ve seen some other candid souls on the MMMar ’11 Flickr group photo themselves in their jim jams as an accurate reflection of their daily outfit, so here’s mine!

Day 14:

  • Me-made denim sailor trousers
  • Me-made Saint cardigan
  • Me-made Sencha blouse
  • Me-made vest and pants
  • Me-made coat and bag

Phew! Move day. So exhausted. Nothing else to say.

Day 15:

  • Me-made black sailor trousers
  • Me-made leopard long sleeved top
  • Refashioned cardigan
  • Me-made vest and pants
  • Me-made coat and bag

Surprisingly this is not a repeat outfit, but I’m feeling as though my outfits are getting a bit repetitive anyhow. Maybe I would be feeling like that anyway at this point of the year, when I’ve been piling on my warmest clothes for months on end and just want to be in a different season already. I just find it pretty boring when my most imperative wardrobe concern is warmth, rather than if my clothes are reflecting my mood or personality or what have you.

Day 16:

  • Me-made ruffle front jumper
  • Me-made denim skirt
  • Me-made vest and pants
  • Me-made coat and bag

This skirt was rediscovered during the move to our new flat. I don’t think I’ve worn it since we travelled back to the UK through France last August. It was totally not warm enough yet on Day 16 to wear it, but it was really nice to have a different garment and silhouette thrown into the wardrobe mix. I’ve been too busy sewing stock for my stall at the impending Brighton Craftaganza to get any new threads finished for myself to make MMMar ’11 more interesting.

Day 17:

  • Me-made black sailor trousers
  • Remade/refashioned sweatshirt
  • Me-made vest and pants
  • Me-made coat and bag

TOTAL outfit repeat. I got to day 17 without a repeat though, which isn’t bad in my book. Considering how often I usually rotate the same few outfits, I’m really pleased to have got this far. Plus, not repeating my outfits was never my main goal, just a little side-bet I find I end up having with myself! I do really like how these challenges make me invent new garment combinations and consider my mid-week outfits far more than I normally do. Making that conscious effort to present myself differently has a direct effect on my mood, for reasons I can’t be bothered to explore right now, so it’s funny that I don’t do so very much on all the other days that don’t get documented for the eyes of my blog’s readers and Flickr group viewers.

So, as you may have gathered, my recent absence from this blog and sporadic involvement in the Flickr group is due to my recent move. I have been checking all the awesomeness on the Flickr group when I can during my lunch breaks at work, but haven’talways had the chance to comment. I just want to say how awe struck I am by all the fantastic and imaginative creations and refashions that other MMMar ’11 participants have been wearing and sharing this month. Thanks everyone who has been involved in making this a very inspirational month so far, and to all those who are not directly participating but have been so supportive. The challenge continues...

2 comments:

Fourth Daughter said...

aggh!! I haven't even got on to the flickr group yet. I don't think it's worth it at this late stage! I have to say my me-made accessories have really come in handy this time around as half my stuff is in boxes - not because of moving, just because it doesn't all fit in my actual wardrobe!

Irene Bullock said...

No worries! I'm in total repeat mode, not surprising considering my limited me-made wardrobe. Now it's when the real challenge starts, finding new and exciting ways to style the same summer dresses that are not really weather appropiate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...